Vital Consultancy Services Ltd
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vital Services Group, the Division has rapidly developed a niche market in providing specialist assistance to utility service providers, contractors, and Network Rail for engineering schemes on or adjacent to the operational railway infrastructure.
Many of the staff are ex-Network Rail, with the necessary long-term knowledge and experience of railway matters to enable projects to be rapidly developed from initial surveys and design through to construction and delivery.
Surveying Services include:-
- Rail Surveying-topographical and cross sections, including production of CAD drawings
- Pre-start and Post-completion infrastructure condition surveys
- Track Monitoring and trigger evaluation in full compliance with Network Rail's Letter of Instruction, v.3., including use of patented rail targets
- Structural and dilapidation surveys, site levelling and statutory inspections
- Bridge surveys and tunnel profiling
- Platform gauging and datum-plating
Consultancy Services include:-
- Geotechnical investigations and interpretive reports
- Design considerations, plus preparation of schemes for Network Rail approval, including loading and settlement calculations with Category 3 checking
- Foundation design and transmitted vibration factors for piling purposes
- Overhead power transmission including conductor and fibre-optics
- Private siding design and build
- General guidance on railway matters, including legal, wayleaves and easements.
The Mill, South Hall Street, Ordsall Lane, Salford, Manchester M5 4TP
+44 (0) 161 836 7000
+44 (0) 161 836 7001
York: Tower Court, Oakdale Road, Clifton Moor, York Y041 4AU T: 01904 557 631 F: 0161 817 4352 Cardiff: The Laurels, Heol Y Rhosog, Springmeadows Bus Park, Rumney, Cardiff CF3 2EW T: 0292 083 9955 F: 0161 817 4326 Cornwall: 1a Fore Street, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 2HT T: 01208 75861 F: 01208 73557
Jeff Maitland - Director
Matt Smith - Contracts Director
Jim Hamlett - Operations and Compliance Manager