MK Surveys Ltd
Core Activities Include:
- Topographical Surveys. Any site from a back garden to a large multi-acre development, using the latest GPS equipment, total stations and survey software. Our clients range from private individuals to large PLC's and Local Authorities.
- Measured Building Surveys. Floor Plans, Elevations and Cross Sections to scale and to varying levels of detail, ranging from a fully detailed ornate church to simple rights to light elevations. Using the latest real-time survey technology we survey any property from a small house to large shopping centres and historical buildings. Data can be supplied as 2D AutoCAD files or 3D models, either wire frames or fully rendered.
- 3D Laser Scanning. Our Laser scanners capture a highly accurate, digital representation of a local environment quickly and efficiently. This raw data is processed and used in a number of applications such as architectural and industrial design, measured building surveying, civil engineering, heritage preservation, etc. The data can be processed into a 3D wire frame, a rendered model or flyby presentation or simply 2D elevations and sections.
- Underground Utility Detection & Surveys. We provide expert utility detection using a combination of electromagnetic and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) detection without the need for intrusive excavations, we can pinpoint the actual position and depth of most utility services with the located service mapped onto the topographical survey base.
- Drainage CCTV & Connectivity Surveys. Combining traditional survey mapping with CCTV investigation we can produce complete drainage surveys identifying location, condition and faults for a complete picture of the drainage asset.
- As-Built Surveys for Section 38 (Highway) and Section 104 (Drainage) Adoption. We utilise commercially available mapping or design data as a base alongside our own site measurement data to produce a comprehensive and cost effective as-built survey, delivered to the Local authority standard.
- Railway Surveys. Providing specialist surveys for railway infrastructure and associated projects. Our surveyors hold current Personal Track Safety (PTS) certificates, a prerequisite for safe working on railways.
- Boundary Surveys (Expert Witness Reports & Representation). Our service includes the accurate mapping of existing boundaries and the comparison with existing documentation such as title & conveyance plans. We can also provide our expert opinion and recommendations over disputed boundaries and provide plans for submission to Land Registry in accordance with Land Registry Practice Guide 40 on completion.
- GIS Data Collection. Bus Stops, Lamp Posts, Stop Valves, Drainage Systems - whatever the asset MK Surveys GIS Team can locate, photograph and collect the required attributes for inclusion within GIS databases.
- Monitoring. Our experienced staff and precise equipment means that we are able to provide precise leveling using digital level /invar staff, crack monitoring and verticality checks, with results provided as easily understandable, graphs, charts and tables showing movement against time.
- Setting Out. We offer a full range of setting out services including - verification of ground levels, volume analysis, fence lines and contract boundary limits, Earthworks, Structures, Establishing control stations for contract works, etc
- CAD Bureau. Full CAD bureau facilities available with data transferred into all standard CAD, Architectural, Civil Engineering and GIS formats. We can also provide Area / Volume calculations & analysis, plan digitizing / scanning, etc.
Staff, Qualifications & Training
We employ experienced and professional staff who have a wealth of knowledge across the whole survey and measurement industry. Our staff are either graduates with relevant survey or geography degrees or are trained in-house and sponsored through various Training Courses. MK Surveys are committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD) with regular in-house training and external courses attended, ensuring our ongoing commitment to best practice and the highest professional standards. A selection of training courses attended within the last 2 years include:
- CSCS - Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
- PTS - Personal Track Safety (Network Rail Competency Card)
- London Underground Track Safety
- Confined Space Entry
- NEBOSH - National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Energy & Utility Skills Register - National Water Hygiene Card.
- City & Guilds - AutoCAD Training
- City & Guilds - Streetworks
Please review our website for project information, recent news and contact details.
Quality Assurance Policy - MK Surveys have been ISO9001 registered since January 2006 and are committed to an effective quality management system; the procedures employed ensure conformity with client and company requirements. We provide resources and personnel covering all aspects of quality management, inspections, testing of equipment and monitoring of work.
Health & Safety Policy - MK Surveys ensures the health, safety and welfare at work of all visitors, customers, clients, service users and employees involved in our operations. We manage our business in such a way that individuals and organisations and not exposed to unacceptable risks.
1 Potters Lane
- Kingston Bagpuize, Oxford - Enderby, East Midlands - Kingswinford, West Midlands - Horsham, West Sussex
Stuart Dimond, AMInstCES - Director
David Rust, AMInstCES - Director