Junior Topographical Surveyor
We are WSP – Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move it’s vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our PIM- Land Referencing business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: https://www.wsp.com/en-GB/services/land-referencing-and-land-assembly
YOUR NEW ROLE, WHATS INVOLVED?
- Working within a team of Topographical Surveyors based UK wide, working alongside the Buried Services Surveying, UAV and MBS teams.
- Assisting seniors to carry out land and engineering surveys with respect to briefs and specifications
- Processing of survey data, ensuring that the prevailing standards of WSP are adhered to
Surveying Services (UK)
- Working within a team of 28 Surveyors based UK wide, consisting of Topographical, Measured Building & Buried ServicesSurveyors and UAV Pilots.
- Working on surveying projects UK wide
- Varied client base from Local Authorities to Multi-Discipline Consultants
- Reporting to the survey team lead
- City based offices, with excellent transport links and surrounding area includes shops/café/parking train station
- Surveying Services promote the power of joined-up geospatial technologies to bring locational data alive
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU HAVE
- A relevant technical degree/HND in surveying or a related discipline, with experience in a similar role. However, candidates with suitable skills and proven experience will be considered.
- Experience in the use of total stations, GNSS & terrestrial laser scanners·
- Knowledge of the use of relevant software including N4ce (or similar), Trimble Business Centre (or similar) and AutoCAD·
- Knowledge of carrying out Buried Services Surveys would be advantageous but not essential·
- Knowledge of Cyclone, Cloudworx or MX would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good problem solving, self-management and people skills
- Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team·
- The applicant shall have a full UK driving licence as the role will require travel around the country
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work-life balance?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
- Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
- Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
- Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
- Your development?
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
APPLY NOW AND BE THE FUTURE OF WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date