The Business Development Manager (BDM) reports directly to the GeoPositioning Sales Manager and will be responsible for actively developing and growing Topcon’s market share by identifying and selling to both strategic customers such as surveying and construction contractors.
We are looking for candidates who have a proficient in the understanding of surveying, ideally with a practical knowledge of Topcon instruments or similar, combined experience in surveying or related industries. Also, they must have proven ability to sell which is key for this role.
- Accountable for the sales performance of the region and for achieving revenue, profit and agreed KPI and sales targets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently working to ensure customer needs are met
- Provision of accurate sales forecasts to sales and operations management
- Deliver technical sales presentations and product demonstrations at customer business location or via online remote meetings
- Develop customer proposals and negotiate terms of sale and service agreements
- Create and maintain detailed customer records on the CRM system
- Identify and target new business opportunities and prospective customers, attending trade shows and following all sales leads to completion
- Represent Topcon at key industry events and seminars.
- Reporting of market intelligence to TGB and TEP (competitor news, industry news etc).
Experience, skills and qualifications
- A qualifying education and/or a successful working experience in Land Survey, Construction or Civil Engineering
- Strong sales experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable and successful sales record for GeoPositioning and surveying solutions
- Consultative, collaborative and strategic sales knowledge
- Ability to manage the sales pipeline from prospect through to a successful sales closure and ongoing account management
- Dedicated to customer retention, satisfaction and consistently improving results
- Capability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Ability to adapt to individual and operational change in a diverse and fast-paced organisation
- High level of integrity
- Full driving licence as regular travel will be required for this role.
The role is based at our site in Tamworth but will involve significant travel throughout the UK and possibly overseas.
From construction to agriculture we are transforming the way companies are doing business. We are headquartered in Livermore, California USA with our European head offices in Capelle a/d iJssel, the Netherlands (topconpositioning.eu). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. Its brands include Topcon Sokkia, Tierra, Digi-Star, RDS Technology and NORAC.
See how we are changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our career sites, https://international-topcon.icims.com.