We are looking for a graduate/trainee surveyor to join the team based in our Renfrew office.
Malcolm Hughes is one of the leading survey companies in the UK. We operate from 6 UK offices and offer our clients genuine nationwide coverage. As part of the Ogilvie Group of companies we have strength in depth and our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service and operate with trust, transparency and integrity.
You will be undertaking various surveys – topographical, utility, measured building etc under the direction of the senior surveyor and management. Although the majority of our work is based in central Scotland you should have a willingness to travel in order to meet the needs of the business.
As a candidate you should have the following:
· A committed attitude and eagerness to learn in a fast paced industry.
· Ability to use your initiative, problem solve and work to deadlines.
· Have pride and passion for high quality survey work and customer service.
· Effective communication skills and good time keeping.
· An understanding of Ordnance Survey mapping, topography and geography.
· Degree/HND/Diploma etc in a survey related subject.
· UK driving licence.
The following skills would be an advantage but are not essential:
· Experience in undertaking topographic surveys.
· Experience using Trimble Total Stations and GNSS equipment.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD software.
· Experience of other field survey techniques and software.
The successful candidate will be self motivated with strong communication, negotiating and presentation skills. They will work well as part of a team and be able to take instructions from senior management and senior surveyors. You will be expected to progress quickly from graduate surveyor to land surveyor, full training will be provided.
We offer excellent employment packages along with industry leading training and development.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a leading survey firm within the industry. If you are interested please email your CV to the address provided.