Come join the team in our growing business and become part of the family, along with exciting opportunities to work on some of the largest UK construction projects.
Ambition and innovative is at the heart of the company, and we our committed to investing in our people, technology, and processes. If it is above or below the ground we can survey it, and support clients, designers and contractors throughout the lifecycle of projects.
With offices in the Midlands & South-East, we are continuously developing and expanding our team. Our Vision is to be the number one supplier of Engineering and Utility Services in the UK.
Recruitment is at the heart of our strategy to become the number one supplier of Engineering and Utility services in the UK. We are always looking for dedicated and hardworking individuals to join our family oriented team. In return, we will encourage your personal and professional development throughout your career along with other benefits. We are proud of our supportive and close working environment that aids growth and opens doors to new opportunities as we continue to expand.
We believe people deliver projects and the best people deliver the best projects to our clients. Our industry is fast-paced and challenging requiring resilient and hardworking people to deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working collaboratively to achieve success.
Our team is rapidly growing, and consists of many adept surveyors, civil and structural engineers, and geophysicists. We are developing innovative solutions to our clients’ needs providing our surveys in traditional Computer aided design (CAD), and now in Geographical Information System (GIS) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) as the construction industry adopts more 3D information and asset information. Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence it the next steps to viewing and processing information easier and quicker. We have been involved in projects such as; Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport, HS2, Silvertown, British Library, Olympic Park, Gatwick Airport and Hinkley Point C.
We support our employees developing their technical and personal competencies towards achieving both their own and the companies goals.
Vision is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
We are currently recruiting a Head of Department to run our Utilities Department South. If you are looking for your next challenge or just need a change, then this is a great opportunity to help shape the departments future and grow the team in your vision.
- Grow the department, both in sales and in people
- Developing the departmental objectives and strategy, in collaboration with the Directors and their department’s managers.
- Responsible for department’s yearly financial budget and to achieve yearly sales department targets with their managers’ input.
- Responsible for Sales/Marketing plan to support strategy.
- Work with the operations team to determine target markets and commercial product strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients to encourage repeat business and initiate a sales pipeline in line with company’s Key Account Strategy.
- Identify sales opportunities by establishing contacts with potential clients within the target market leading to the development of a pipeline of new opportunities.
- Support the management team in day to day tasks in relation to sales and participate on sales meetings.
- Liaising with clients to assess their specific requirements and recommend appropriate solutions along with pricing proposals.
- Engage with their internal team on their department, as required to ensure all proposals are in line with operational capabilities
- Manage, develop and motivate Utilities Team.
- Overseeing of all projects allocated to the department and coordinating with operations team, and associated with company procedures.
- Promote Visions strong safety culture ensure any learnings from near misses or accidents are implemented.
- Managing company employees and resources to optimise the profit and cash flow for the organisation.
- Track and compare monthly target budgets and resource availability.
- Manage projects in relation to time, cost and quality
- Innovate and drive continuous improvement
- Develop a panel of sub-contractors in line with business and departmental strategy
- Utility Surveying experience (5+ years)
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Experienced in Project Management
- Good leadership skills
- Business Development experience.
- Good working knowledge of surveying equipment.
- Flexibility to travel to our sites nationwide.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability win new business and support existing clients.
- Business Development
- People and Project Management
- Planning and organisation.
- Competitive Salaries (£40k+ depending on experience)
- KPI Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Health cover
- Company Vehicle
- IT & Phone Package
- Professional Subscription paid
- Allowance payments when working away
- Social event throughout the year Annual General Meeting, Summer Event and Christmas Event
- Monthly Management Meetings with social gathering afterwards
- Air Conditioned Office
- Bean to Cup coffee and tea making facilities in our kitchen where you can enjoy the TV or sit in our massage chair to relax from the stresses of the day.
- Modern office environment which is Covid secure
- Employee referral Scheme
- Continuous on the job training and development
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices
Please Email CV to the email provided.
Vision is not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.