DDC Engineering Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Highways Civil Engineering Surveyor to join our team.
You will be at the heart of a team of international experts who are all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects to transform the way drainage is looked at.
A typical week in the life of a Highways Civil Engineering Surveyor:
- Work as part of a team under the guidance of a site supervisor to carry out the surveying of the Drainage networks on the Highways via GPS and Quickview.
- You will be using the most up-to-date GPS equipment with our bespoke specialist GPS software to carry out surveys, for which you will receive full training.
- Manage health and safety and quality standards on site, caring for oneself, the team and any other person on site.
- Undertake administration of vehicle logs and checks and any other necessary documentation including shift reports and more.
- Ensuring that all procedures are followed correctly.
- Attend training sessions and briefings where necessary.
- Working in outdoor conditions, this could be days or nights.
- Working away from home for the majority of the week.
- Manual handling of drainage.
- Varied roles (GPS & Quickview) and nationwide locations (only UK based).
Who we are looking for:
- A team player.
- Able to work on own initiative to resolve problems effectively.
- Some Civil Engineering or Highways experience would be an advantage; however, it is not essential as full training will be given.
- Adaptable and flexible to cope with the variety of responsibilities involved.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
To be considered for this job you must:
- Be physically fit and able to lift.
- Have a current CSCS card.
- Hold a full driving licence with no more than 3 points/endorsements.
Why work for DDC?
As part of working here, you will be offered an excellent package which includes:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Company Pension
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays)
- Room to grow and progress
- Subsistence (TAX FREE!) for every night you stay away
- Night Uplift
- Team building
- An innovative and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to be part of the Approved Development Scheme with ICES (DDC fully supports the surveyors to become members of ICES)
Here at DDC, we have an outstanding team of innovative and dynamic personnel, whom with passion and dedication, focus on delivering high quality survey and professional services.
We pride ourselves on our ‘can do attitude’ and working in close collaboration with our clients and employees, we problem solve to deliver positive solutions and achieve the best possible outcomes.
The DDC team comprises handpicked and dedicated multi-discipline specialists from many different paths which ensures that, not only do we have high academic achievers, we also have people with a vast life experience. Through the differences comes great respect and team working. Our dedication set us apart from the rest.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. We organically grow our staff, we want to strategically stretch people to ensure they are able to progress their career.
No Agencies Please
Check out our website and social media!