We are recruiting for a Junior CAD Technician
40SEVEN provides specialist surveying services ranging from Topographic and Measured Building through to Underground Utility and Gas Hazard Surveying Services. We have over 20 years’ experience and pride ourselves on providing good quality, accurate surveys to our customers across a variety of industries, including transport, construction, building and property.
Due to continued growth, we now have a position for a Junior CAD Technician to join our team in Sevenoaks. The main purpose of the role will be to prepare topographic and underground utility mapping projects for our clients in AutoCAD and other formats as required, and to complete the quality control procedures on all projects prior to delivery to our clients.
Your main duties will be –
• Editing of topographic and utility survey data for map production, including assigning quality levels to utility data based on GPR information
• Sheeting up of completed CAD drawings
• Compilation of utility statutory records for desktop studies
• Preparation of measured building survey data including floor plans, sections and elevations, and creation of 3D models from point cloud data
• Regular interaction with field surveyors to finalise drawings and give constructive feedback on data quality
• Complete data processing paperwork and ensure quality process is followed.
It is essential that you have
• Knowledge of AutoCad3 and a minimum of one year CAD drafting experience
• A good level of secondary education – Maths and English GCSE grade C / 4 or equivalent
• A good eye for detail
• Ability to work under your own initiative and a willingness to take ownership of tasks
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent teamworking and communication skills
It would be beneficial if you had previous experience with survey data and/or laser scanning data, mapping or cartography experience, or knowledge of industry specific software such as SCC, Civil 3D, Revit, Scene or Cyclone.
We will consider part time / job share candidates for this role.
Benefits: We have a host of great employee benefits including, but not limited to:
• Enhanced employer contributory pension scheme
• Enhanced life assurance scheme
• Favourable absence pay scheme
• Salary sacrifice cycle scheme.
• Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
• Introduce a friend bonus scheme
• Gym, fitness, shopping and cinema discounts
• Celebrating success awards (given out when people do something great – which happens a lot), and Values Awards
As well as the above, we will provide you with support and encouragement to learn and develop to truly reach your potential
If you would like to request further information please email us at the address on the left.