Main Function of the job:
- Undertake without direct supervision, large scale and complicated topographic and measured building surveys using a Leica 3D laser scanner, total stations and GPS technology.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, N4ce, MBS and a knowledge of Cyclone and Cloudworx.
- Deliver 2D or 3D digital models of land, building elevations, floor plans and building sections.
- Coach and support other members of the team.
- Receive the project brief from the Survey Manager and plan the project from start to finish, briefing and managing the staff you will be taking with you.
- Undertake laser scan or total station surveys and process them with Cyclone, Cloudworx and AutoCad software.
- Process high quality, accurate topographic and measured building surveys to the deliverables listed above.
- Be fully conversant with N4ce, MBS and AutoCAD in order to produce high quality 2D & 3D drawings.
- Produce RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statements) for all sites worked on.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Proven track record in measured building surveys is required.
- Competent in all the software detailed above (N4ce, AutoCAD, MBS, Cyclone and Cloudworx software).
- An understanding of Leica Scanstations, Leica Total Stations and GPS technology and how to download them for processing.
- CICES/RICS accreditation is highly desired; or working towards a professional qualification.
- HNC/ONC in Construction for the Built Environment or equivalent or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) and 5 GCSE’s grade A-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Planning and organising work under own initiative and motivation to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – client-facing work will be required along with liaison with other project members and mentoring trainee staff.
- Results orientated with a focus on accuracy and an attention to detail to produce outputs that meet strict QA guidelines.
Other information/special requirements:
- A full clean driving licence is an essential requirement.
- Physically fit for route walking/surveying in a variety of construction.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension; other benefits
If you are interested in applying, please Email CV to the email provided.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to our Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies.