The SUMO Group is one of the largest multi-disciplinary survey practices in the UK, with nationwide coverage. With over 30 years of trade and employing some of the leading individuals within our industry, we can offer unrivalled expertise across the entire survey sector.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to appoint an Operations Manager at our Havant, Hampshire, head office.
The role is a senior position to help manage a busy office of multi-disciplined surveyors. As operations manager you will be expected to:
- Manage the day-today running of the contracts team
- Manage the remote surveyors controlled from this office
- Work alongside the various Survey Managers based at our other UK locations
- Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure client timescales and productivity targets are met
- Ensure the engagement and development of all staff
- Monitor large projects to ensure productivity and financial targets are met
- Ensure compliance with client and Health & Safety requirements, audits and training
- Manage group equipment, including procurement of specialist equipment and develop an equipment replacement strategy
- Work with senior management to implement and then manage a new scheduling system for all field staff across the group
- Manage the group vehicle fleet, including maintenance, accident management and develop a strategy for a future “Green Fleet”.
- Take responsibility for development, documentation and implementation of working procedures
- Provide technical expertise and SHE for the group, as well as managing annual membership renewals
- Provide cover for other members of managerial staff during periods of absence
- Support all functions of the business to work together, such as providing SHE information for Pre-Qualification and Tenders, managing annual renewals (insurances etc.) and assisting with non-conformance investigations
- Liaise with clients where necessary
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Enable and support continuous career development for staff
- Promote (and lead by example) strict adherence to the Sumo Services Health and Safety policy
- 10-15 years relevant experience
- Preferably HND or Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Full UK driving licence.
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft office
- A good knowledge of different industry sectors (construction, architectural, engineering, heritage) would be beneficial
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive market salary based upon experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 5 weeks holiday
- Use of a company vehicle (when needed)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
The successful candidates must live in the UK, within commuting distance to be considered for the roles and will be enthusiastic, motivated and enjoy working as part of a team. This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking company offering excellent career prospects.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to the link on the left.