To help with our expanding workload within the civil, rail and construction industries, Geo-Info are looking to recruit a Project Manager with at least 10 years of experience in this discipline, combined with significant experience of working in the rail industry. Based at our office in Swindon, flexibility will be required with travel and working arrangements.
- First degree, preferably a degree in Project Management , or equivalent work experience within the rail industry as a Project Manager
- Prioritising projects with business requirements, allocating resource & assigning agreed deadlines.
- Agreeing project objectives
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time, to budget, and to the agreed quality, working through the project life cycle. Ensuring that all the aims of the project are met.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management and create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project in an effective and timely manner.
- Determine the resources (staff, time, money, equipment ,etc.) required for the successful completion of the project.
- Generate reports that monitor activities on site in terms of progress with the project and any variations to planned activities and that it is being delivered to the specified standard.
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, internal & external, on the progress of the project.
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure that the project adheres to the internal Policies/Procedures as described in the project specific Workpack. Ensure that all staff have a good knowledge and understanding of the various aspects of the client’s specification.
- Ensure checks on data are carried out and recorded.
- Carry our risk assessments and offer solutions on how to minimise any potential risks.
- Project tracking and software experience
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task in order to meet key deadlines
- A team player with strong communication skills (both verbal & written) to all levels of staff, management and clients.
- Analytical & numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong Management & Leadership skills, with the ability to motivate people
- Solid technical background
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Well developed organisational skills with attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full, clean driving licence
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on a high level of service, with a professional approach, determination and ambition.
SALARY/PACKAGE – Salary negotiable, depending on level of experience and qualifications. Optional overtime, company pension scheme and personal medical insurance.
HOW TO APPLY – Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address on the left.