Come join the team in our growing business and become part of the family, along with exciting opportunities to work on some of the largest UK construction projects.
Ambition and innovative is at the heart of the company, and we are committed to investing in our people, technology, and processes. If it is above or below the ground we can survey it, and support clients, designers and contractors throughout the lifecycle of projects.
With offices in the Midlands & South-East, we are continuously developing and expanding our team. Our Vision is to be the number one supplier of Engineering and Utility Services in the UK.
Recruitment is at the heart of our strategy to become the number one supplier of Engineering and Utility services in the UK. We are always looking for dedicated and hardworking individuals to join our family oriented team. In return, we will encourage your personal and professional development throughout your career along with other benefits. We are proud of our supportive and close working environment that aids growth and opens doors to new opportunities as we continue to expand.
We believe people deliver projects and the best people deliver the best projects to our clients. Our industry is fast-paced and challenging requiring resilient and hardworking people to deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working collaboratively to achieve success.
Our team is rapidly growing, and consists of many adept surveyors, civil and structural engineers, and geophysicists. We are developing innovative solutions to our clients’ needs providing our surveys in traditional Computer aided design (CAD), and now in Geographical Information System (GIS) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) as the construction industry adopts more 3D information and asset information. Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence it the next steps to viewing and processing information easier and quicker. We have been involved in projects such as; Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport, HS2, Silvertown, British Library, Olympic Park, Gatwick Airport and Hinkley Point C.
We support our employees developing their technical and personal competencies towards achieving both their own and the companies goals.
Vision is fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in its employment practices. Individuals will be selected, promoted and treated only based on their abilities and merits, according to the requirements of the job.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Land Surveyor for our Engineering Department. If you are looking for your next challenge or just need a change, then this is a great opportunity to work in a growing team.
- Working with modern survey methods and survey devices such as total stations, GNSS and data collectors.
- Setting out for different trades in construction
- Establishing survey controls, setting out gridlines, levelling, traversing and other land surveying work.
- Resolve any unexpected site issues and resolve with help from the team and management as required.
- Accurately and consistently record surveying information on site to the agreed specification and scope
- Process data from the field into the office, post processing with software, such as AutoCAD
- Building and maintaining client relationships ensuring we deliver to our client’s expectations.
- Assisting with detailed field and office surveying assignments.
- Checking the quality of information collected on site, and the successful transition to deliverables.
- Ensure that all survey kit is maintained and well kept.
- Take responsibility for other surveyors and junior team members whilst onsite and in the office.
- Deliver to company policies, procedures, standards and best practices
- Working with the Project Manager to assist with quoting for jobs
- Any other duties as required by the business.
- This can be a fast-paced environment that changes quickly, so candidates need to be able to adapt to change and prioritising workloads.
- We want somebody who can multi-task, be adaptable and become a valuable member of our team.
- A minimum of 5 years surveying experience
- Flexibility to travel to our sites nationwide.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team and deal with clients on site.
- Clean & Full driving License
- Right to Work in UK
- English speaking with excellent communication skills, and able to work closely with all levels of stakeholders
- RICS/ ICES Qualified
- University degree in survey related field
- CSCS Card folder (This will be required before starting work)
- N4CE experience or software knowledge
- Laser Scanning Experience with point cloud registration & BIM workflows
- Monitoring Experience
- UAV / Drone Experience
- GIS and/or BIM Software Experience (ArcGIS Pro, Revit, Civil 3D etc)
- Positive Attitude
- Able to clearly convey site information to the office
- Planning and organisation
- Able to learn new software and processes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently on own initiative
- Competitive Salaries (Dependant on experience)
- Door to Door Mobile Working Hours, including travel
- Pension Scheme
- Health cover
- Company Vehicle (Dependant on experience)
- Competitive overtime package including travelling time
- IT & Phone Package (Dependant on experience)
- Allowance payments when working away
- Social event throughout the year Annual General Meeting, Summer Event and Christmas Event
- Bean to Cup coffee and tea making facilities in our kitchen where you can enjoy the TV or sit in our massage chair to relax from the stresses of the day.
- Modern office environment which is Covid secure
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Continuous on the job training and development
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices
Please Email CV to the email provided.
Vision is not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.