Reporting to: Principal Project Manager
Competence Requirements: IOSH Working Safely/Relevant Safety Critical Competencies
- Responsible for the delivery of technical works within the Geomatics Department.
- The role reports to the Principal Project Manager of the designated team. Day to day guidance will be provided by Project Managers and Senior Engineering staff as defined by the requirements of the assigned project
- The individual responsible for assisting the Engineering Surveyor or/and Project Delivery Surveyor in survey activities. To develop and lead minor tasks as individuals or as part of a team, supporting the department both on site and in the office. To provide technical support with surveying and railway activities, carrying out safety critical duties as required.
- Having a sound knowledge of survey disciplines and the railway infrastructure the individual will be able to develop and demonstrate expertise in both manual and automated surveying techniques.
- To carry out all responsibilities in a professional manner representing Bridgeway positively to clients
- Check equipment is correct and in calibration for all site activities, reporting any issues to the Engineering Surveyor or Project Delivery Surveyor.
- Use equipment in the correct manner and keep it clean and functional before returning to stores
- Carry out surveying tasks to the correct level of accuracy.
- Assist Engineering Surveyor or/and Project Delivery Surveyor with “on-site” survey operating instrument or setting up equipment as directed.
- Carry out data processing and validation to required specification, submitting to Engineering Surveyor for verification as per deadline.
- Produce site records as required.
- Produce Work Package Plans and Task Briefing sheets relevant for site works.
- Complete site documentation/records for all works in the field.
- Keep records up to date within the office allowing easy interrogation of data.
- Undertake Safety Critical duties in line with competencies held and certification gained.
- Undertake other duties in accordance with the requirements of the company.
Must ensure that:
- Equipment out of calibration is reported to the Project Manager.
- Appropriate notes have been recorded while carrying site activities.
- Site paperwork is scanned and filed on the system.
Is not required to:
- Lead surveying teams unless advised by the Project Manager.
- Undertake duties which carry a large safety risk.
- Hold calibration records for instrumentation or be responsible for periodic maintenance
- Lead other disciplines / contractors in the field (unless required by Project Manager)
- Lead on-track maintenance and alignment activities such as tamping etc.
Company Vision and Behaviours
Our Vision: Exceeding Expectations Everywhere Safely!
At Bridgeway we believe we have always had a distinctive way of performing which sets us apart from others within the Industry. Our ‘DESIRE IT’ framework defines this unique approach and is the basis of our Performance Reviews.
Developing and delivering the vision
Engaging our people
Innovative and willingness to improve
Responsibility to protect the business
Intuitive in the Approach
Trusted and Accountable
The purpose of the framework is to ensure all our employees are working towards one common goal to ensure we ultimately deliver our Vision.
Safety Responsibility Statement
(Taken from the Bridgeway Safety Behaviour Charter)
(Follow Rules / Speak Up / Be Aware / Get Involved)
Do not compromise – always work safely.
Challenge unsafe acts and behaviours and personally intervene if you feel others are working unsafely.
Follow the Industry Lifesaving Rules and Bridgeway Golden Site Rules.
Report close calls, near misses, incidents and unsafe conditions.
Never become complacent – always treat every job as unique.