Bridgeway Consulting have an opportunity for a Survey Technician to join the Geomatics Department at our head office in Nottingham.
• Responsible for the delivery of technical works within the Geomatics Department.
• The role reports to the Principal Project Manager of the designated team. Day to day guidance will be provided by Project Managers and Senior Engineering staff as defined by the requirements of the assigned project.
• The individual responsible for assisting the Engineering Surveyor or/and Project Delivery Surveyor in survey activities. To develop and lead minor tasks as individuals or as part of a team, supporting the department both on site and in the office. To provide technical support with surveying and railway activities, carrying out safety critical duties as required.
• Having a sound knowledge of survey disciplines and the railway infrastructure the individual will be able to develop and demonstrate expertise in both manual and automated surveying techniques.
• To carry out all responsibilities in a professional manner representing Bridgeway positively to clients.
Must ensure that:
• Equipment out of calibration is reported to the Project Manager.
• Appropriate notes have been recorded while carrying site activities.
• Site paperwork is scanned and filed on the system.
Is not required to:
• Lead surveying teams unless advised by the Project Manager.
• Undertake duties which carry a large safety risk.
• Hold calibration records for instrumentation or be responsible for periodic maintenance.
• Lead other disciplines / contractors in the field (unless required by Project Manager)
• Lead on-track maintenance and alignment activities such as tamping etc.
Here at Bridgeway you will have a personal pension scheme, death in service benefit, and access to Validium; an employee assistance programme.
Supporting charities is important to Bridgeway Consulting, staff enjoy creating ways of donating and raising money. There are several health and well-being weeks that are run throughout the year.
We also have a casual dress code, flexible working policy and weekly fruit baskets are delivered to the office.