Trainee Land and Engineering Surveyor Apprentice
At Powers, we offer a professional service for all aspects of topographical land, engineering, measured building and scanned surveys, along with underground utilities detection. We work across a variety of industries, delivering a fast, accurate and flexible service with drawings that are tailored exclusively to the client’s needs.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a keen and highly motivated person looking to start their career in the geomatic surveying industry. We are looking for a self-motivated person with good practical approach to problem solving and a positive and proactive attitude. You will gain experience in a wide range of surveying and there are lots of opportunities for career development for the right candidate.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the surveyor onsite at client premises with collecting land/building measurements.
- Using the latest survey technology to assist the surveyor by operating the Total Station (TS15 and TS16), GPS, and/or Scanner.
- Checking surveyors’ calculations.
- Set up and operate equipment under the guidance of a surveyor on site.
- Knock in pegs, pins and lift manholes when appropriate.
- Prepare the vehicle before leaving to go on site and load/unload all necessary equipment into/out of the company vehicles (checking all equipment taken, returns to the kit room)
- Loading information onto the system.
- Process surveys under the guidance of a surveyor.
- Undertake setting out under the guidance of a surveyor on site.
- Maintain and clean all pieces of equipment and vehicles on return from site and highlight any equipment issues to the Surveyor.
- File contract files when required and fill in job site information on the database.
- Complete all site Risk Assessments.
- Ensure that all quality control procedures are carried out on site and in the development of a survey.
- Obtain your CSCS card immediately after you start working at Powers.
- Follow procedures in accordance with our ISO certification, learning about the importance of health & safety and quality and accuracy within the business as well as the environmental impact of the company.
- Office time will be used to learn how to use software such as n4ce, AutoCAD, and other relevant software and to assist the surveyor in producing technical drawings.
- General office maintenance.
- CSCS Construction Related Occupation card (the company will pay for the HS&E test and card application).
- Full clean UK driving licence (essential).
- Reliable method of transport to get to/from head office (required).
- Physically fit for route walking/surveying in a variety of construction environments and be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Understands and follows instructions and company procedures.
- Flexible approach to working hours and working away from home when required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – ability to be client facing and a good team player.
- Initiative, a positive attitude and ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to focus and sustain attention through to completion of tasks.
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C / 9 – 4 (or equivalent) including Maths, English and preferably Geography.
Apprenticeship standard and training to be provided:
Level 3 Geospatial Survey Technician Apprenticeship Standard including End-Point Assessment and classroom attendance 1 day per week (term time) at Riverside College (Cronton Campus), Widnes.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to the link on the left.