Murphy Surveys is the leading land and engineering surveying company in the British Isles. Established 35 years ago in Ireland, we now have nearly 250 employees in the UK and Ireland. We cover many areas of surveying such as BIM, topographic surveys, setting out, monitoring, tunnels, railways, rivers, measured building surveys, utility & GPR, and much more.
Our focus is to get the best people and provide continuous training and career development for them, so that we can deliver superior value to our clients. The majority of our clients have been with us for a long time due to our dedicated client management and quality of our work.
We are still growing strongly in the UK and are always looking for experienced and skilled surveyors, CAD technicians or project managers.
About the position
Our utility department continues to grow and we are looking for Utility Surveyors to expand this field further.
Candidates must, ideally, be able to prove that they are fully conversant with the most up to date techniques, including electromagnetic detection and Ground Probing Radar. They must also be comfortable with the standard outputs and deliverables in Utility Surveying.
- Relevant Qualifications and/or relevant experience
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of utility surveying
- Understand scopes of work and project requirements
- Ideally have working knowledge of current CAD programs
- Possess an understanding of common industry practices and standards, i.e PAS128, TSA etc
- Detailed knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, Total stations, GPS and data collectors
- Knowledge of GPR, CAT and Genny utility detection equipment and their use
- Ability to perform detailed field and office surveying work
- The use of post processing software and AutoCAD
- To build and maintain client relationships ensuring we deliver to objectives set
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Attention to detail
- Possess organisational and time management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Enjoy learning new software applications
- Possess the ability to work with autonomy or as part of a team
- Be a problem solver with a positive attitude
- Set high standards for themselves and their services
What we offer
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Flexible working
- Sales and Bid Writing training (if required)
- Commitment to your personal development
- Career progression and opportunities
- Private medical insurance (after 6 months)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Pension (after 6 months)
- Regular company social events
Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Strictly No Agencies