We have an exciting opportunity for a Utility Tracing Engineer to work within our multi-disciplined team delivering the following services:
• Site Surveys – Utilities and Topographical
It is envisaged that the successful candidate would ideally have at least 3 years of relevant surveying experience and it would be beneficial, but not essential, for the candidate to have an NVQ Level 3 qualification although LandScope will provide training if required.
Specific skills required for the role include:
• Experience in tracing underground utilities in all environments, including challenging urban areas. Able to complete PAS 128 Type B surveys
• Excellent knowledge of Radiodetection equipment including RD8000
• Able to acquire GPR data
• Good working knowledge of Trimble positioning equipment; including Total Stations and GNSS receivers
• Complete Desktop Studies – PAS Survey Type D, including ordering statutory service records from utility providers
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong analytical skills to include good knowledge of measurement error
• Strong communication skills
• Strong IT skill set to include AutoCAD, survey post-processing software and MSOffice
The candidate would be expected to work both in the field, away from home, and in the office.
A full UK driving licence is required and a vehicle would be provided for transport to and from survey sites.
Please send CV to the email address on the left.