Have you had survey equipment stolen?
A new alliance between The Survey Association (TSA) and SmartWater is leading to detailed analysis and police follow-up on every incident of equipment theft. A three-year agreement between TSA and SmartWater, sponsored by Topcon, Trimble and Leica Geosystems, is the first, co-ordinated response to thieves that persistently target surveyors.
As a direct result of the TSA initiative, SmartWater operatives are sharing incident information with the police and discussing the impact of theft on survey companies with crime prevention officers.
Please report any historic thefts along with every instance as it happens, by doing the following:
1. Complete the Incident Form below (in the form of an Excel spreadsheet) with details of ALL the equipment theft you suffer, as soon as it happens.
2. Send the completed spreadsheet, along with any supporting information such as photos or videos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also strongly advise that you also report the theft to the equipment manufacturer.
- SmartWater will produce a regular report (a ’60 second briefing’) based on the information provided – so it is essential that they have the most detailed information possible. This is issued to TSA Members.
- Risk rating will be provided on a quarterly basis, nationally by Hotspot County and then a further breakdown of areas within Counties
- SmartWater analysts will pull together full packages to be handed over to Police Analysts – a package will consist of reports, statements, timelines, association charts, maps and any other intelligence gathered. This will all be produced to an evidential standard so they can be produced in court where necessary.
- SmartWater will make links with local Police Forces and assist with any enquiries on behalf of TSA.