- The individual is responsible for leading survey activities on site, managing a Technician or Graduate in a two person team and assisting Project Managers where necessary. They will provide assistance in tendering and feasibility studies when asked to do so. The individual should provide in depth technical support and guidance to the team and customers. The individual is responsible for generating and checking relevant reports.
- Having knowledge of utilities and railway access processes, the individual will lead in safety critical duties up to Engineering Supervisor (ES) level as required following training.
- The individual will be able to demonstrate expertise in site surveying techniques and data processing. In addition the Utilities Surveyor will provide support to the wider Geomatics Team when required.
- To carry out all responsibilities in a professional manner representing Bridgeway positively internally and also to customers
- To develop an understanding of the relevant industry standards (PAS128).
- Occasionally the individual will be required to undertake responsibility for specific survey projects, managing multiple survey teams and clients.
- Lead one or multiple teams and be responsible for utilities survey operations on projects delivering to time and quality required
- Use equipment in the correct manner and ensure it is clean and functional on completion of the operation
- Carry out utility surveying tasks to the specified level of accuracy
- Managing Technicians and Graduates during “on-site” surveys, advising and operating instrumentation or setting up equipment if required
- Carry out data processing and validation to required specification
- Support the development of Technicians and Graduates
- Be proactive in seeking advice from Project Manager(s) and Senior Surveyor(s) to develop their own skills
- Produce site records as required
- Liaise with all outside parties in advance of the works to ensure no delays once on site
- Provide technical support for the department in utility surveying duties
- Be trained in safety critical duties up to Engineering Supervisor level
- Undertake Safety Critical duties in line with competencies held and certification gained
- Undertake other duties in accordance with the requirements of the company